Here are some quick links to facts, articles, research and all sorts of information that relate to Confederate philately.
- Library of Congress – follow the instructions for researchers.
- U.S. National Archives and Records Administration – follow the instructions for researchers.
- Smithsonian National Postal Museum Arago Project – a resource for the study of philately and postal operations as seen through the national collection. The Confederate section was edited by Trish Kaufmann and Jerry Palazolo.
- Global Philatelic Library – An initiative to provide a consolidated listing of philatelic publications, archives, museum items etc. held by libraries. So far 27 libraries have contributed their listings.
- The Resources of Leonard Hartmann, Philatelic Bibliopole – Click to go to Leonard’s series of articles on the Lithographed Issues and numerous other resources (as well as books for sale) relating to many facets of Confederate philately. If you’re looking for books on our subject, this is the place.
- Soldiers & Sailors System website is a cooperative project of the National Archives and the National Park Service and puts Civil War Service Records online.
- “In the Valley of the Shadow” was created by the Virginia Center for Digital History has history of Franklin County, Pennsylvania and Augusta County, Virginia including newspaper articles, census data, photographs, service records, diaries and much more.